Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Remeber That Glint In my Eyes

By daylight I'm a person that smiles into the faces of countless people that won't remember my name 5 years from this very moment.

I'm a son that dotes on his darling mother.

I am a driver in the car next to you.

I am truly a forgettable person when you see me in a crowd.

By night, when I let my guard down...

I'm a vortex of emotion and raw humanity...

I'm hungry to be so much more than content...

Each night...

I let all the monsters that tear at the very marrow of my bones when I smile at someone. I hide so much during the daylight hours.

Look into my eyes and see the fire circling the pupil...

That isn't just the hazel coloring.

That is the fire that threatens to engulf me each night.

That is my spirit and it consumes my every fiber when I allow it.

Each night I lay down the shell of who I pretend to truly be...

Each night I enshroud myself with who I really am.

I am chaos.

I am Me.

When the sun starts to stain the sky with is bold light...

I'll armour back up to be the person you forgot to say thank you to.

I love the quiet moments...

Especially the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll try to find it and make it mine