Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Unconditional


I don't care how exasperating you are,
I don't care how much you get on my nerves.
I care about always treating you the same.
Love is always patient.

I don't care how you treat me,
I don't care if you're mean to me.
I care about how I am to you.
Love is always kind.

I don't care if you're with someone else,
I don't care if your best friend isn't me.
I care about your happiness.
Love is never jealous.

I don't care if you love me or not,
I don't care if my love is never returned.
I care about your well-being.
Love does not seek its own.

I don't care if you tease me,
I don't care if you won't let me forget my mistakes.
I care about forgetting yours.
Love does not take offense.

I don't care about how I've been wronged,
I don't care about what you've done to me.
I care about what you've done for me.
Love does not store up grieviances.

I don't care about reputations,
I don't care about who you're said to be.
I care about who you are.
Love finds joy in truth.

I don't care about rumours,
I don't care about what people say.
I care about what I know you to be.
Love is always ready to hope.

I don't care about what happens,
I don't care if it doesn't fit my schedule.
I care about being there for you.
Love endures whatever comes.

I don't care how long it is,
I don't care how many years,
I care about staying the same.
Love has no end.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this is powerful.

thanks for this.

Unknown said...

id like to ask permission to post this in my blog.. this is something. wow.

Unknown said...

posted it already. thank u heaps