Monday, May 28, 2007

Slippin'


To some love comes so easily
Just the way they smile can turn anyone on.
Some people have all the glory
Some like me, do everything wrong.

I dream each night of things I want to be
But then I take a look in the mirror
And I am in front of my greatest enemy
With no power left to fight.

Trying so hard to conquer something unreal
But I can no longer hold on to this
You have no idea how I feel
How I lost the sense of perfect bliss.

Toying with my emotions that I have tried to hide
Failing with all I had left inside
My dreams, my heart, bruised and broken
Because of you and the words left unspoken.

The distance is growing
Like a grand canyon between us now.
You never call, you never write
What’s the point in having you around at all?

Each day my heart grows a little weaker
The less I hear the less I feel for you.
I cannot be near when you act so far
All I am in love with is but a dream of what I think you are.

I don’t know you anymore
We’re strangers now.
The more I wish, the more it hurts
Each day it seems to get a little worst.

I have a feeling that if I turned around and walked away
You wouldn’t even notice
Maybe you wouldn’t even care
I guess all in life truly isn’t fair.

So that’s what I am going to do right now
I’m just going to turn and walk away
Out of your life, not like it matters anyway
And if you don’t stop me, I guess this is how it will stay.

No comments: