Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dear Homophobia

Come a little closer
Let me whisper in your ear
Let me tell you something
That I want you to hear

Protest me all you want
In a loud or quiet voice
I just wanted you to know
Being gay is not a choice

There are other things to fear
Scarier than me
It’s obvious that you don’t care
You’re blind and cannot see

Take off that blind fold
From your eyes and take a look around
The world is full of people like me
And are willing to say it loud

We are repulsive in the mind
We are fearful at the touch
All I want you to do
Won’t take very much

Leave us alone
Take the angry mob away
Homosexuality
Will always be hear to stay

You cannot get rid of us
However, you can try
Taking away our rights
Isn’t going to make us cry

Things like this don’t bother us
We learned not to care
This is our world too
So learn how to share

This letter will end
Though unwillingly
From the members
Of the LGBT

No comments: