Sunday, March 12, 2006

xin jing

March 12, 2006...

If I place my heart in your hand will you keep it safe for me?
Will you cherish, love and protect it and treat it compassionately?

I trusted another with its keep, once a long time ago,
He mishandled it... dropped it and broke it... fortunately, not irreparably so.

I picked it up and took it home and hid it away for awhile,
It was so damaged... nearly destroyed... very sensitive and fragile.

I was able to put it back together, but it has never been the same,
It's still too fragile to trust to anyone, who plays an unfair game.

It's way to delicate to be mistreated, or tossed to and fro,
And until I met you, my friend, I was afraid to let it go.

I'm beginning to think it is possible, to expose it again- to love,
If the person that I entrust it with treats it gently.... like a dove.

Although it appears the same as all others, it's from a special lot,
It may not seem distinctive to you, but it's the only one I've got.

So, are you able to keep my heart safe? I know it's a lot to ask,
Be honest, if you can't promise at this time ....you may not desire the task.

I'll just keep hoping the time will come... all good things usually do.
I've learned to be patient, and I'll recognize the moment...

I should give my heart to you.

No comments: