Wednesday, June 11, 2008

resurgere


I am one of the coldest people,
you have ever known.
There is no right or reason,
but my heart is submerged,
black and cold.
It has never melted,
this obsidian ice will remain thick and strong,
Until you take that heart -
in your warm hands.

Bring me back to the daylight hours,
the light that shines all day,
intensify it, so that
even when it's dark out,
the brightness will still stay.

You were the one that looked past all my flaws.
You reached into my ribs and held on tight until you felt a beat.
You pulled my beating soul,
from the dark waters,
to the surface.

It was not easy, I'm sorry I made it so hard.
I put up that thick wall,
because despite my luck, I was, am, insecure.
I'm too self-concious, and in so many ways, self-centered.
So I lashed out,
it's a wonder you figured what I'm about.
You are brilliant, my darling,
I probably don't deserve you,
I am in terror, or ever hurting
YOU.
My friend, my wonderful friend,
my warm lover...

As I look out at the horizon,
I see the desert stretching out,
dusk is falling over the black silhouettes of hills,
the sky shines yellow orange and,
the coffin of ice melts,
the warmth through the earth hasn't been the thing to free me.
It was YOU.
You were the sun, the stars burning bright into this coffin,
and soon the ice is water,
and I
fall into your...
warm hands.

Bring me back to the daylight hours,
the light that shines all day.
You were the one that,
looked past all of my flaws.
Accepted them, understood them,
and understood that
I really was, am, trying hard to fix them,
not to hurt others anymore,
to become something,
something more.

You reached into the ice cold black waters,
swirling in my ribs, freezing your hands,
and held on tight until you felt the resurge,
the shaky beat, becoming stronger,
you pulled my soul,
the best part of me,
to the surface,
to show the others
what it was
they didn't see.

You were the one,
that saw through to.
The real one,
the real me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That beautiful photos… enchant to me… I must spend more times this way. Good taste and eroticism to skin flower.