Monday, October 25, 2004

still on loving...



One day, Plato asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?"

The teacher answered, "There's a large wheat field in front. Walk there without turning back, and take just one leaf. If you can find one leaf that you think is extraordinary than all the other leaves, it means you have found love."

So Plato walked... and not long after that, he came back empty handed. The teacher asked him, "Why didn't you bring any leaf?"

Plato replied, "I can only bring just one leaf and when I walk, I can't turn back. Actually, I have found one extraordinary leaf, but I dont know whether there's anymore extraordinary leaf ahead, so I didn't take that leaf. When I walked further, I realized that all the other leaves I found are not as extraordinary as I've found previously. In the end, I didn't take any single leaf."

Then the teacher told him, "So... that is love.... and you lost it!"


Another day, Plato asked his teacher again, "What is marriage? How do I know that I have found it?"

The teacher answered, "There is a forrest in front. Please walk there and don't look back. You can only cut one tree, and cut the one that you think is the highest, because that means you have found marriage."

Plato walks there, and he came back not long after that bringing one tree. The tree is not a very good tree and not a very tall one either. It's just a plain and ordinary tree.

The teacher asked him, "Why did you cut that kind of tree?"

Plato answered, "Because, according to my previous experience, after walking thru the wheat field, I came back with nothing. So this time, when I saw this tree, and I think this tree is not so bad, I decided to cut it and bring it here. I don't want to risk loosing it again."

And the teacher said, "Well... that is marriage and you found it! Marriage is the continuity of love... The more you look for love, you will find nothing... Love is in your heart... the place where you can control your desire and your hope to find something better... When you have endless hope and wish of love, you will only get emptiness .. because you wont get anything and time can notbe turned back. Accept love for what it is... Marriage is a process of taking chances, and you choose the best option among all the alternatives... If you want to have a perfect match and a perfect marriage, you are wasting time... because there is no perfect marriage."

No comments: